The Baltimore Urban Debate League’s A-GAME Project engages the voices of Baltimore’s youth in a city-wide and school-based campaign to build awareness and activate students and educators around Baltimore City’s school attendance crisis. A-GAME stands for: Attendance & Grades Amplify My Excellence!!
Apply online here: http://budl.org/2013-2014/
- Be required to have above a 95% attendance rate. NO more than 5 absences per school year. Additionally, your class/period attendance is a 95% attendance rate;
- Have a minimum quarter GPA of 2.5 (at application time) and maintain a minimum quarter GPA of 3.0 during the Student Ambassador year;
- Participate on their school’s debate team in a minimum of 3 debate tournaments, attend debate practice each week, and judge a minimum of 3 Elementary/Middle school debate tournaments;
- Participate on the A-GAME city-wide committee of student representatives;
- Plan and execute projects that promote good attendance in their schools;
- Recruit and engage an A-GAME committee at their school; and
- Take part in the BUDL College Access program.
Ideal participants will be:
- Available for commitments for the entire 2013-2014 school year;
- Motivated self – starters; and
- Available to work after-school hours.
A complete application will include:
- Completed application form;
- 1 (One) letter of recommendation (teacher, counselor, or administrator at your current school);
- 2 (Two) one-page typed essays (12 point font; single-spaced); and
- Submission of all application materials via in-person, mail, fax or e-mail by July 1, 2013.