Volunteer to Support our Students!
The Baltimore Urban Debate League is always looking for volunteers to judge our tournaments, mentor our high school students as they prepare for the future, work closely with our debaters as a coach or assistant coach, and promote our work in their schools, neighborhoods and communities.
As an educator, you have a major impact on the social and academic development of your students.
As a BUDL Debate Coach, you’ll share experiences with students that will change your lives forever.
Debate gives students the leg up by:
- Increasing critical and analytical thinking skills
- Promoting written and oral communication skills
- Sharpening research and computer skills
- Improving confidence in public speaking
- Teaching them to present their views effectively and resolve conflict with their intellect rather than with physical aggression
- Providing high school recruitment and scholarship opportunities to attend four-year colleges and universities
How to get involved:
- Coach Debate at your school
- Use Debate in the classroom
- Volunteer at tournaments
Operations Director Position Description>>.
Parents are our heroes!
The Baltimore Urban Debate League is deeply appreciative of the role that parents and families play in the success of their children and the League. Parents are welcomed and encouraged at all of our events and their presence and support means a great deal to the coaches, the kids and our staff.
In addition to supporting their children’s participation with rides to tournaments and home from late practices our parents play critical roles:
- Supporters of our teacher coaches as chaperones and assistant coaches
- Volunteers, supporters and judges at our tournaments
- Advocating for support of debate at their child’s school
- Helping to connect us to community resources and key partnerships that strengthen the League
If you are a parent of one of our students and want to get more involved or if you have a child who would like to debate please e-mail us at email@example.com. If you want to volunteer please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!