2016-2017 HS Tournament Location
BUDL’s High School tournaments are usually held at Carver Vocational Technical High School at 2201 Presstman Street, Baltimore, MD 21216 but please e-mail Aram Boykin at email@example.com prior to the tournament date in case tournament locations change in collaboration with the Baltimore Catholic Forensic League. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work out logistical kinks!
BUDL now uses Speechwire to streamline our tournament registration process!
About High School Debate
Debate at the high school level offers unparalleled learning opportunity and growth. Students debate a national or international public policy of immediate relevance to our world. They stay with the same topic all year and learn to debate on both sides of the issue, hearing strengths in each perspective. Their depth of knowledge and command of the complexities of the topic is impressive by the end of a year. Over the course of the school year they have had opportunity to test, grow and adapt through local, regional and national competitions.
BUDL’s staff partners with Baltimore City teachers to support teachers who build and coach their squads. With BUDL’s support they hold after school practices and take part in local monthly citywide tournaments and travel to regional and national competitions.
For more information about our high school program contact Aram Boykin – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating High Schools
- Baltimore City College
- Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
- Carver Vocational Technical High School
- Coppin Academy High School
- Edmondson-Westside High School
- Forest Park High School
- Frederick Douglass High School
- Mergenthaler Vocational Technical High School
- Reginald F. Lewis
- Western High School
- Improve Your Skills
- BUDL Video
- LexisNexis Advice
- Pay It Forward! Help Middle School Debaters!
- Outside Tournaments
Coach Materials Debate Year 2015-16
- BUDL Competitive Debate Curriculum NEW
- BUDL Novice Packet (Cuban Embargo)
- Student Information Form (Updated) NEW
- Coach Information Form (PDF)
- Practice Log (PDF)
- Building a Strong Team: Debate Games (PDF)